To attend this course please book on Inkpath. Inkpath is an app available to all Techne students, if you're not already using please click here to find out how to get started.
It's tough doing a PhD under normal circumstances, but it's even harder during a pandemic. Your original plan is no longer viable and you’re running out of time. In this practical and interactive webinar, I'll help you get back on track with your thesis. We’ll clarify your aims, map out some alternative routes, and create an achievable plan.
Here's what we'll cover:
1) Establishing your objectives - what are the requirements for your PhD?
2) Working out what's left to do - auditing what you've done so far and what needs to happen.
3) Reassessing your scope - reshaping your project to fit your timescale or COVID-related restrictions.
4) Identifying and overcoming obstacles – using creative problem-solving techniques to devise alternative (and possibly better!) ways of finishing your thesis.
5) Creating a realistic schedule - setting milestones, allowing contingency, and looking after yourself.
6) Keeping on track - monitoring progress, improving efficiency, and adapting to ongoing change.
By the end of the session, you'll have the confidence and clarity you need to take the next steps towards finishing your thesis. The webinar includes group discussions, activities, and downloadable resources.
About the Facilitator
Dr Catherine Pope is an experienced coach and facilitator who has supported over 3,500 PhD students. She completed her own PhD the University of Sussex in 2014 and now runs www.phdprogress.com.